Dear Brave Butterfly,
Life can be so unfair - disease eats away at someone we love, a friend we once trusted betrays us, people who were supposed to protect us hurt us instead.
When unfairness makes an appearance, forgiveness is a tough pill to swallow. But the alternative is far worse...
Poison
I can feel the toxins invade
As poison slowly oozes through my veins.
As I look around, there is no one to see
So I wonder, "Who is poisoning me?".
As I unsuspectingly drink it in, it begins to erupt.
It must be secretly planted in my cup.
The poison is spreading like poison ivy
Making me itchy, uncomfortable, and miserable inside.
It makes me want to crawl out of my skin
As I squirm, wiggle, and get more irritated within.
God whispers: "You can make the poison go away.
There is an antidote to living this way.
Unforgiveness is poisoning your soul
As grudges & bitterness plunge you deeper into a hole."
"You think you are hurting the person who hurt you,
But you only hurt yourself as anger consumes."
Life sometimes brings pain and unfairness
But you can chose a better way - forgiveness.
It's the antidote that heals all.
Forgiveness rescues you from the fall.
So let it go and you will see.
Forgiveness is what sets you free.
No comments:
Post a Comment