Saturday, April 6, 2013

Brick Wall

Dear Brave Butterfly,

Fear.  It has a mind of it's own.  It can distance me from others.  It can take over my life - if I let it.  But truth conquers fear.

Brick Wall
I never intended to build it
It wasn't part of the master design
But slowly it appeared
And now I must claim it as mine

The bricks got laid slowly

Different ones through the years
Each brick designed to protect me
From all my different fears

Fear of rejection, fear of failure,
Fear of judgment, labels, or names
The bricks a self defense technique
To insulate me from pain

As the fears appeared through the years
The bricks stacked even higher
A solid wall built so high
That I am trapped inside

A prisoner inside my own jail cell
In solitary confinement I sit
As the wall grows taller
I begin to holler

Help me God to see the light
I don't want to live this way
But I don't know how to remove this wall
That stands prominently on display

"You must face your fears 
For your fears are lies in disguise
Replace your fears with my truths
And the bricks will fall to the side"

"Your fears of what this world thinks
Hold no power over you
You are my child who is forever loved
The world's view doesn't matter"

"You don't need to fear failure
For my love can not be earned
It is a free, unconditional gift
Provided by my son"

"As you let my love in
The wall will soon come down
For my perfect love conquers fears
And sends them tumbling to the ground"

No comments:

Post a Comment