Dear Brave Butterfly,
Hi friend! Lately I have been reminded to let go of my fears. They appear throughout the day threatening to drown out my joy in life. They create a barrier to me loving deeper. Here's to letting go of fear and holding on to God.
"Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear."
- 1 John 4:18
Fear Not
The alarm clock beeps
Waking me from my sleep
A sleep so deep
My nightmare is still fresh in my mind
A conveluded web
Of running and enemies
My dream was dark and scary
But now you are with me
I remind myself of truth
You are loved, enough, and forgiven
You don't need to run
You can rest this side of heaven
I did not call you
To a life filled with fear
That is from the one
Who roams the world and brings on tears
Rest in my arms
Fall into my embrace
I'll hold on to you forever
I have given you my grace.
I cry out: I need your peace, I need your love
I need your strength & might
I need your joy, I need your arms
Without you I soar aimlessly like a kite
I breathe a sigh of relief
My head it starts to clear
God is bigger than the lies
I truly have nothing to fear
I head to work with peace
And go about my day
But slowly fear crawls back again
Making me aware I need to pray
The tension a reminder
Of my need for you each moment
For without you I am vulnerable
I simply am unable
No comments:
Post a Comment