Hi friend!
Something strange has happened to me. It didn't happen over night. It's been more of a gradual process.
You see, I have always been a hard worker - from striving for A's in high school and college, to starting a career less than one week after graduating college, to feeling a little guilty whenever I take a vacation. There is nothing inherently wrong with working hard (except maybe the feeling guilty about taking vacation - seriously, stop the madness).
Back to my point. Working hard isn't a bad quality. Some things in life require hard work. BUT I'm realizing not everything in life has to be so hard.
I'm learning there is an easier way.
My Life Preserver
I am swimming in the ocean of life. The water is calm. I am strong. My life preserver floats next to me.
The wind and rain come. The water gets rough. The waves get bigger. I swim harder. My life preserver floats next to me.
The wind and rain continue. I start to fatigue. All I can do now is tread water. I am bobbing up and down like a buoy. I can feel the current trying to pull me under. My life preserver floats next to me.
A hurricane blows in. The rain pours down, the wind howls, and the thick fog rolls in. I can’t see. Exhaustion sets in. I am too tired to swim anymore. I am drowning and sinking into the deep abyss of the ocean. I finally reach for my life preserver, but don’t have the strength to grab onto it.
I awake floating on top of the ocean. I am alive. I am somehow floating on my life preserver. My life preserver saved me. It gives me rest. It slowly renews my energy. It breathes life back into my soul.
Then God shares the truth with me. My dear child, I have been right next to you through the calm and storms of life. When you reached for me, I saved you. I am the ultimate life preserver. Cling to me always. Trust me. Rely on me.
So I hold onto my life preserver and don’t let go. It makes each day easier. It gives me strength in the calm and the storms of life. My life preserver gives life for eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment