Dear Brave Butterfly,
My heart is heavy at the news of the school shootings in Connecticut. It hurts deeply for all the parents who have lost their precious children. I know the pain of losing a child. I am still wrestling with it after having lost my son Jenson seven months ago. He had his whole life ahead of him. He was three.
The funerals for several of the children are being held today. This is a day no parent should ever have to face. But this is their unfair reality as they bravely walk through one of the hardest days of their lives.
This poem goes out with love from one grieving parent to another. I am so sorry for your loss.
Disbelief
Standing at your grave site
My heart in disbelief
This can not be happening
My world is filled with grief
Your life held so much promise
And a future filled with dreams
But now those dreams are shattered
And my heart rips at the seems
You are my precious child
Who I love and always will
My heart longs just to hold you
The void can not be filled
The pain cuts deep into my heart
A piece of me is gone
You are never coming back
How can I possibly go on?
The grief it overwhelms
Like a broken boat swept out to sea
I can barely function
I don't even know how to be me
I wish I could see you
If only for a day
I'd live in the moment
As we'd venture out to play
You'll never be forgotten
In my heart you'll always be
Until we meet again someday
And live eternally
No comments:
Post a Comment