Saturday, October 5, 2013
Decay
I’ve been hanging out with my dentist a lot lately – three crowns and a root canal.
It brought back memories of my first cavity. My tooth hurt. It had been hurting for months before I decided to do anything about it. Maybe the pain will go away on its own. Or - maybe not.
I finally broke down and went to the dentist. She talked me through what she was about to do, “I’ll numb you up, remove the decay, and seal it back up.” She injected my mouth with a numbing agent. And then she began drilling on my tooth.
Less than a minute into the procedure, the horrible smell of an overheating drill loomed in the air. I closed my mouth and said, “I think your drill is overheating.”
"No, that's just the smell of decay," she informed me. The smell of decay? Decay was at the root of my pain.
When decay gets stuck inside, it cause major destruction and pain. It eats away and destroys. Decay stinks.
The only way to get rid of decay is by removing it. You have to let it out. Yes, it's probably going to stink. But God can remove the decay inside. He can heal those hurting places. If you let him.
Let him in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment