Pound. Pound. Pound. I can hear the the echo through the neighborhood. Heavy construction all around us. Houses being framed. Bricks being laid.
There is no peace. Quiet time with God isn't quiet time when there is no quiet. So I face the day on my own.
How'd it go? Not well.
I am in a perpetual state of feeling overwhelmed. An anxiousness I can't shake. A pounding in my head (ok - that one is warranted). It is so obvious the better choice. I need time with the only one that can re-frame it all.
Nothing can fill me up like time with God. He changes my outlook. He gives me rest from the chatter in my brain saying "do more", "be more", "you aren't enough". He gently whispers - those are lies. Don't believe them.
You are enough. You are loved.
Don't believe the lies. Let Him fill you with truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment