Dear Brave Butterfly,
Hi friend! I have a thing about bridges. I am fascinated by how something suspended in the air can connect two things that were previously apart. Bridges are amazing...
The Bridge
I stand here, you over there. We are separated by a gap so vast it seems impossible we could ever be connected. I can feel the gap. I long for perfection in this world. I long for no more hurt, pain, or suffering. I long for a place where evil is gone and love conquers all. I long to be with you in paradise.
You tell me to come to you. You have provided a bridge. But the fog is dense - the pathway not visible to the naked eye. How can there be a bridge connecting two separate worlds? It's not possible. That concept defies logic and the laws of this world.
You whisper: You are right. It does defy logic and the laws of this world. This bridge is not from this world. It's not made by man.
I am puzzled. What kind of bridge is not made by man and can't be seen? If I step onto an imaginary bridge, I could lose my life.
Or you can gain it.
Gain it? How? What exactly is this bridge made of?
One part human, one part perfection. Only human perfection could bridge the gap.
Human perfection?
Yes. Humanness is on one side. I AM on the other. Only "human perfection" could bridge the gap.
How exactly do I cross this bridge?
It's simple. You believe this bridge connects us forever. You take a leap of faith.
I would like to believe it's that easy, but I am remindeded of the gap - an imperfect human on one side, a perfect God on the other side. It can't be that easy.
You whisper back: The path is narrow, but this bridge is available for all to cross. This bridge is my answer to the gap. Human perfection connects us forever. Step onto the bridge and stay on the bridge until you reach the other side.
I decide to take the leap of faith. I step onto the bridge named Jesus. The bridge carries me through this life to the next one. He bridges the gap forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment